Assistant Team Leader (Construction)
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 320 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
An opportunity is now available for a highly skilled Assistant Team Leader to provide skilled assistance to the Team Leader Construction to undertake general labouring duties associated with the construction and maintenance of roads, parks and drainage facilities within the Cessnock City Council local government area.
Working within Works and Infrastructure Services, this role will also act as site supervisor on projects during the Team Leader’s absence for both long and short terms. This role will also be required to:
- Ensuring that program works are completed within established time, quality and cost target;
- Undertake general labouring duties, such as manual handling of materials e.g. excavation and spreading of material, pipe laying, concrete works, erection of roadside furniture;
- Ensure that traffic at work sites is appropriately controlled in accordance with relevant legislative requirements and standards, including the placement of signs, lights and barriers; and
- Develop and maintain a positive team culture focused on teamwork and cooperation.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Current LR licence and Work Safely in the Construction Industry Certificate;
- Demonstrated solid experience in a civil construction/maintenance role including road and drainage construction, concrete construction and civil maintenance and knowledge, understanding and experience of road engineering work methods employed on civil projects;
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret design plans for civil works; and
- Demonstrated ability to plan and co-ordinate work with minimal supervision.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $50,268 - $56,271 per annum
- 10.5% superannuation
- 38 hours per week
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Monday 18 September 2017 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Kevin Massey, Construction Coordinator on 4993 4305
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.