Debt Management Officer
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Do you want to make a difference in the local community? Cessnock City Council is currently seeking a highly motivated Debt Management Officer with high level knowledge and experience. This position will play a key role in actively providing specialist expertise regarding debt management matters. Primary duties will include debt recovery, arrangement monitoring, customer contact and assisting in the operational advice and support within the Financial Services Unit.
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents, ratepayers and business community of the local government area. We are responsible for approximately 1,950 square kilometres within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
Working within the Financial Services Unit, this role will take primary responsibility for management of council’s rates and sundry debtors, focusing on collection of outstanding debts and liaison with council’s debt recovery agency. This position will also be required to:
- provide effective customer service in a timely, courteous and professional manner including enquiries and answering correspondence relating to revenue matters;
- negotiate and manage payment arrangement with ratepayers and other debtors to a satisfactory conclusion to Council; and
- coordinate legal action to recover outstanding amount including liaison with Council’s Debt Recovery Agents.
To succeed in this role, you will ideally have:
- Certificate IV in accounting, financial management, business management or other related discipline or demonstrated extensive experience in a similar role;
- demonstrated solid experience in a similar role (minimum of 5 years), with sound demonstrated knowledge and experience of Debt Management techniques and procedures;
- demonstrated well developed negotiation and conflict resolution skills with the proven ability to negotiate suitable outcomes and resolve conflict in a difficult environment; and
- demonstrated experience in liaising with Mercantile Agents, Solicitors and other legal entities in relation to Debt Management.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $57,284 - $66,330 per annum
- 10.5% superannuation
- 35 hour per week position
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Flexible work arrangements and work/life balance
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Thursday, 21 September 2017 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Kelly McGowan on 4993 4224 or email@example.com
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.