Strategic Recreation and Community Facilities Planner
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 320 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
We are currently seeking a self-driven and highly experienced Strategic Recreation and Community Facilities Planner to enhance the well-being and vitality of our communities through the development and implementation of strategic planning and future development of recreation and community facility infrastructure within Council’s open space network.
This role will also be required to:
- Coordinate the preparation of strategies, feasibility studies, concept designs, needs assessments, masterplans, plans of management and policies for the improvement of recreation and community facilities in consultation with the community;
- Provide strategic planning advice on the impacts of Council, other government authorities and private developments on recreation and community facility infrastructure with respect to Development Applications, Leases, Licences, Working on Council Land Applications and the development of Section 94 Contribution Plans, Voluntary Planning Agreements, Development Control Plans and Local Environmental Plans;
- Provide strategic planning advice on the development of long term capital works programs to provide recreation and community facility assets in accordance with the needs of the community; and
- Coordinate and prepare grant applications for recreation and community facility projects.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Degree qualifications in Sport & Recreation, Town Planning, Social Sciences or Community Development OR Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field combined with extensive relevant work experience;
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation and implementation of Masterplans, Plans of Management, Recreation and Community Facility Strategic Plans and other open space strategies;
- Working knowledge of asset management principles and techniques and a demonstrated ability in the development of designs briefs and/or specifications for minor and major recreation and community facility works projects; and
- Experience in the supervision and management of staff and consultancy services.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $86,100 – $99,015 per annum
- 10.5% superannuation
- 35 hours per week
- Leaseback vehicle
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Flexible work arrangements and work/life balance
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Thursday 19 April 2018 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Nicole Benson, Open Space and Community Facilities Manager on 4993 4252
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.