Senior Contracts & Tendering Officer
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 320 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
A fantastic career opportunity has become available for a motivated, proactive and experienced Senior Contacts and Tendering Officer. This newly created position will be fundamental in the management of operational and strategic procurement functions of Council, and ensure that Council’s procurement policies, procedures and standards are compliant with legislation and industry standards.
Working within the Finance and Administration unit, this position will ensure Council’s purchasing activities deliver best value for Council and the community. This role will also be required to:
- Establish and promote tendering and procurement practices which apply “value for money” principles across all of Council’s tendering and procurement;
- Coordinate both in-house and external period contracts for regularly used products and services for Council;
- Operation, maintenance and administration of Council’s Online Requisitioning System, providing in-house training and support to Council personnel involved in procurement of goods and services; and
- Review and manage Council’s organisational wide purchasing trends and activities, and identifying opportunities for strategic improvement of procurement.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Degree qualifications in Business or other relevant equivalent qualification, or extensive experience in a contract administration role;
- Demonstrated strong experience (minimum of 5 years) in procurement and supply at a senior level;
- Proven ability to develop, promote and implement reforms, systems and policies within a continuous improvement environment; and
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team, fostering an environment based on teamwork and cooperation.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $80.179 -$92,206 per annum (plus 10.5% superannuation)
- 35 hours per week
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Flexible work arrangements and work/life balance
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Thursday 24 May 2018 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions, which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Kelly McGowan, Operations Accountant on 4993 4224 or email@example.com
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.