Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 320 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
An opportunity is now available for an experienced Mechanic to join our Workshop Team at Cessnock City Council. This role will provide quality plant and equipment maintenance and repair services to ensure that Council meets industry standards in terms of cost and delivery times, as well as safety standards.
Working within the Workshop Team, this role will be responsible for:
- Carrying out mechanical work on Council’s Plant and Equipment Fleet;
- Ensure that all work undertaken is completed in an efficient and cost effective manner;
- Ensure that best practice work methods are adopted on work tasks; and
- Relieve in the position of Afternoon Shift Supervisor as required during times of absence.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in maintenance procedures of vehicles and heavy plant;
- Automotive Trade Certificate (Heavy Vehicle Mechanic or Light Vehicle Mechanic) or other qualifications relevant to the position;
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and meet predetermined works schedules;
- Current class MR drivers licence; and
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work a rotating shift roster.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $53,295 - $61,710 per annum (plus 10.55 superannuation)
- 38 hours per week
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Thursday 24 May 2018 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Neville Chapman, Workshop Coordinator on 4993 4313
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.