Cessnock, NSW, 2325
An exciting opportunity is now available for 2 x Rangers to join our Health and Building unit on a Permanent Full-Time basis, to ensure the implementation of various Acts, Regulations, Codes and Policies as they apply to animal control, traffic (including parking), environment and public place issues. You will liaise with Council officers, local residents, community, Government organisations and corporate bodies to achieve sound outcomes for Council and the community.
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 280 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
Working within the Health and Building unit, this role will assist with the development and implementation of education programs for schools, residents and community groups. This role will also be required to:
- investigating and taking appropriate action in relation to complaints;
- enforcing Roads and Traffic Regulations relating to on-street parking, footpath obstruction, heavy vehicles on local and main roads and disabled parking in privately owned car parks;
- ensure accurate and decisive professional service is provided to the community, ensuring confidentiality is maintained and matters are dealt with in a timely manner; and
- assist the Ranger Team Leader and Senior Ranger as required and train staff in the performance of Ranger duties.
To succeed in this role, you will ideally have:
- completion of Certificate IV in Local Government (Regulatory Services) Rangers 1 & 2 (or willingness to undertake training);
- previous experience in Ranger/Animal Control, policing or similar regulatory position;
- well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including interview techniques, negotiation and conflict resolution, public presentations and report writing; and
- demonstrated knowledge and experience in the use of the Self-Enforcing Infringement Notice System.
$59,332 - $66,452 per annum (plus 10.5% super). This position is based on a 38 hour working week and RDO scheme.
Close Date: Friday, 23 June 2017 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter.
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Kurt Livens, Ranger Team Leader on 4993 4132
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.